Jonathan Bickham, Senior Counsel at Walker Eisenbraun, has over 35 years of experience as a corporate and business transactions lawyer in a wide range of U.S. domestic and international business transactions. Before joining Walker Eisenbraun, Jonathan practiced as a partner with large and middle market Houston law firms. Jonathan has extensive experience in acquisitions and divestitures, representing both buyers and sellers. He has represented clients in the energy, manufacturing and automotive industries, among others.
Jonathan’s practice has also included the representation of companies backed by private equity firms, companies engaged in joint ventures and companies negotiating and entering a broad array of complex commercial transactions. He has represented U.S. and non-U.S. clients in domestic and cross-border corporate and business transactions, primarily in Mexico and South America. Jonathan is a native Spanish speaker and is frequently called upon to use the Spanish language in his practice.
Jonathan graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. He earned a B.A., magna cum laude, from Harvard University. Early in his legal career, he was an Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston Law Center, where he taught International Trade Law. Jonathan has served for over 30 years on the Board of Directors of Texas Hearing and Service Dogs, Inc., a non-profit corporation that provides custom-trained assistance dogs free of charge to Texans that are overcoming life challenges. Jonathan and his wife enjoy jogging, swimming, and biking together.
- Represented industrial cleaning technology company in $16,000,000 sale of substantially all assets to a major strategic industrial buyer
- Formed $20,000,000 blind pool venture capital firm and subsequently represented fund in a series of investment transactions in B2B SaaS portfolio companies
- Ongoing representation of capital group in formation of targeted funds for acquisition of industrial services companies, including equity and debt financed $12,000,000 acquisition of water services company
- Represented hotel and spa development and management company in approximately $180,000,000 commercial loan refinancing and reorganization in connection with capital improvement plan
- Formed and financed approximately $10,000,000 targeted fund for acquisition by merger of debt services firm
- Acted as Seller’s counsel in approximately $110,000,000 sale of West Coast-headquartered solar distribution company to strategic acquirer
P: 713 904-1946
Mergers & Acquisitions
Joint Venture Transactions
Complex Contractual Matters
Entity Formation & Business Structuring
- J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 1983
- B.A., magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1979
- Corporate & Transactional Partner, Crain Caton & James
- Corporate & Transactional Partner, Baker Botts
- Corporate & Transactional Associate/Partner, Butler Binion
- Member of Board of Directors of Texas Hearing and Service Dogs, Inc.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)