Bo Boyd is a partner at Walker Eisenbraun, where her practice covers an array of complex corporate, transactional, and governance matters, predominantly for clients in the energy sector. In her two decades of practice, she has excelled as a corporate and securities lawyer with a national law firm, and as general counsel, senior vice president, and corporate secretary of the largest publicly traded, independent oil and gas producer in the Gulf of Mexico, where she had sole responsibility for managing all of the company’s legal affairs. Bo is experienced managing A&D transactions, a full range of commercial energy transactions, health, safety and environmental matters, corporate governance, securities and exchange compliance, executive compensation and employment matters, insurance and risk mitigation, investor relations, internal investigation and audit processes, litigation discovery practices and regulatory compliance at local, state and national levels.
Bo’s counsel to clients on complex legal matters is informed by her tenure with a national law firm and strongly rooted in her first-hand, practical in-house experience, which makes her a trusted advisor for clients navigating daily and operational matters to sophisticated transactional matters. Business leaders and in-house legal teams value Bo’s pragmatic approach and seek her guidance when they need strategic insight from a highly trained advisor who has successfully handled legal affairs from their perspective.
After graduating from The University of Texas at Austin, Bo earned her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center, magna cum laude. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling the world.
- Ongoing representation of approximately $1,550,000,000 private equity-backed midstream company in negotiation and preparation of documents for broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, such as entity structuring and formations, master services agreements, gathering agreements and asset purchases and sales
- Ongoing representation of private equity-sponsored energy pipeline technology company in developing risk management procedures and reviewing and negotiating master services agreements, terms and conditions, and term sheets with third parties engaging client for product sales and provision of services
- Ongoing representation of international food distributor in negotiation and preparation of broadline food distribution agreements, master services agreements and frame agreements with restaurant chains, hotel and hospitality chains and other large scale third parties in transactions valued up to $1,500,000,000
- Ongoing representation of NYSE-listed funeral and cemetery services provider in numerous dispositions of regional funeral and cemetery services businesses throughout the U.S.
- Represented largest independent publicly traded oil and gas producer in Gulf of Mexico on various permit, compliance and investigatory matters, including those involving state and federal governmental and regulatory agencies
- Advised NASDAQ- and AIM-listed offshore oil and gas producer on corporate governance matters, including board and committee issues, corporate record keeping and employment-related matters
- General Counsel to Nasdaq-listed energy company through Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Insurance & Risk Mitigation
Complex Commercial Transactions
Internal Investigations & Audit
Executive Employment & Compensation
Board & Special Committee Counsel
Corporate & Securities
Entity Formation & Restructuring
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 1997
- B.A., History, The University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- General Counsel, Energy XXI Ltd.
- Corporate Attorney, Jenkens & Gilchrist PC
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association