Carmen Guidry focuses her practice on corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, private offerings of debt and equity, corporate governance and entity formation. Prior to joining the firm, Carmen worked at an Am Law 100 firm in the Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice group, where she represented public and private companies in securities offerings, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and combinations with special purpose acquisition companies. She graduated magna cum laude and a member of the Order of the Coif from Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, and served as Production Editor for the Louisiana Law Review. During law school, Carmen was a student clinician and subsequently a research assistant in the Immigration Clinic, which ignited her love of representing clients and assisting them through complex and often life-impacting matters.
Before attending law school, Carmen graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, magna cum laude, with a degree in both History and English. She also spent a semester studying at the Université de Poitiers in France, where she became proficient in French. When not working, Carmen enjoys painting, trying out new restaurants around town and spending time with friends and family.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, 2019
- Louisiana Law Review, Production Editor
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., magna cum laude, English and History, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 2015
- University Honors Program
- Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars
HONORS & AWARDS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in 8 courses, 2017-2019
- Corporate & Capital Markets Attorney, Vinson & Elkins L.L.P.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association